Saturday, January 9, 2010

The beginning of a brand new decade

9 days into 2010. Another year over and a new one begun. I never made any new years resolutions so that way I can’t berate myself for not following through. Over the last year, I have burned a few bridges and at times I climbed back up out of my self induced pity parties. I felt the pain of sorrow and smiled and laughed through good times. There are a few things that I have done and promised myself I would not do again, but then for some unknown reason I decided to try one more time. Who knows maybe, maybe not? When I re-read what I just wrote it sounds rather cryptic and that my dear readers was done on purpose. Now onto a different topic………

So far, this year has started out on a good note. We just finished the first week of programs and this session I can honestly say we have a good bunch of kids that “seem” to get along well with each other. Our Supervisor has been in a good mood and has even smiled and talked with us. I actually commented about that yesterday and was reminded that it was probably due to having another person re-join the ranks of D.S.E.P.C.C. Work will probably lead to more than a few “bite your tongue” moments over the next little while, but I will behave, I will behave, I will behave. Yes I am trying to convince myself more than anyone else, but what the hey, at least I will be able to say I tried!

I’m not sure what the next bucket list item will be struck off my list, but I think I want it to be one of those wow factor ones. You know, the ones that you do on the spur of the moment and look back and say what the hell did I just do? Most of those moments are kept secret for a while and then once the shock has worn off, then you let the so called “cat out of the bag”, and no I have not done nor have any immediate plans to complete that bucket list item………………………………………………..as of yet!

Until next time my fellow bloggers, take care and be safe!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Yes, you are right we have some awesome kids this time around and they actually do like to participate, that makes such a difference and actually puts the fun back into the program. Wooo hooo and it's only for five weeks lol...

Anonymous said...

I love how you have a bucket list! I think you have inspired me to sit down and write one of these. Happy New Decade!