Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I'm a Diva...or at least one of Doug's Diva's!


Ok so here is a new one for me. I was asked to participate in a Walking Challenge for City Employee’s and with a wee bit of hesitation I decided to join. Each Team will consist of 6 walkers and each walker will be given a pedometer and a record sheet for recording their steps each day. At the end of each week they will tally their steps and send the Team Captain their tallies. This will go on for 6 weeks and at the end of the 6 weeks the team with the highest amount of steps will receive high praise as well as a small gift. Well now, I was asked to be Team Captain and agreed and wished the challenge started today since I had to walk up to our Human Resource Centre and collect the different things that would be needed and walk back home. It might not seem a huge distance but believe me it is. Anyway our team name is Doug’s Diva’s and with a pedometer clipped to our bodies we will be counting every step we take starting Monday for the next 6 weeks.

No comments: