Friday, May 6, 2011

Back to this and that blogs!

Well, now I have the Alphabet Blog finished I can start to concentrate on other things. The Alphabet Blog was an experience for sure, and it certainly made me use my brain more than usual. Some of the letters were, to say the least, more then difficult to come up with topics. It’s ok if you concentrate on one thing and use the alphabet to cover the subject, but to hop from topic to topic, trying not to copy a topic someone else has blogged about is a feat in it’s self. But I finished …….so yayyyyyy for me.

Now, over the last little while life has been good. No major traumas or pissy happenings. Work has been going well and all but one hockey group is finished for the season. I have them all booked into the system for the fall season and I did it all by my little ole self! I was rather surprised when every one of the teams gave me a thank you card along with a Tim Horton’s gift card, this is the first time that this has happened in all the years I have worked there! My hours have certainly been shaved way back since the sports rentals are done, and finally unemployment has kicked in helping to make up the difference.

A few nights ago after work, I went out for coffee with a few friends. It was just a short outing but was still filled with lots of laughs. We were going to go to Tim Horton’s but instead chose to go to a restaurant in the area. It was almost 10pm so the restaurant was fairly quiet. It was an hour or so filled with laughs and good times and when the check arrived at the table we all grabbed at the bill. What a good laugh we had when the waiter came and suggested the “eeny meenie minee moe” decision. Well that decided the whole thing. It also brought back some of the little sayings we had as kids and as we left the restaurant we were trying to out best each other with kids sayings. What a blast we had!

There were a few chants that I was not familiar with so I had my friend email the ones he knew.


Boys come from Jupiter because they're stupider,
Girls come from Mars because they're super stars,
Boys drink coke, cus they're a big joke,
Girls drink pepsi, to stay more sexy!

Bubble gum, bubble gum, in a dish
How many pieces do you wish?
(Stop at that person and ask for a number and then you count it out one-potato two-potato style)


One, two, three, four, five, six, seven.
All good children go to heaven,
Some fly east,
Some fly west,
Some fly over the cuckoo's nest.



Ok, now this blog will be posted before the last remaining Alphabet blogs. It’s also Mothers Day weekend so I hope everyone enjoys their special day!

No comments: