Thursday, May 26, 2011

Just a few nuts and bolts in my life

The quote of Ram Dass, “The quieter you become the more you can hear” has helped me in more ways then I can count lately. I have tried hard to change my ways as well as different things in my life and it hasn’t been easy but it’s something that needs to be done. There were many times I just wanted to slap a few people upside the head but instead kept quiet and just let them frost the cake the way they want to. Since I have kept quiet, I have seen, heard and felt the innuendoes of their words and actions and I just shake my head in bewilderment. Ah well, such is life I guess. I came across this little tid-bit and after the listening to a never ending barrage of complaints I have decided this fit with what I was thinking!!!

BREAKING NEWS:
The Pity Train has derailed @ the intersection of Suck It Up & Move On, then crashed into We All Have Problems, before coming to a complete stop @ Get The Hell Over It. Any complaints about how we operate, forward them to 1-800-waa-waah. Dr. Whogivzadamn Reporting LIVE from 'Quitchur Bitchen’ and suck it up sunshine! Life doesn't revolve around you. Really!


Anywho….I have been keeping myself fairly busy, thus keeping myself out of trouble. I have been getting serious about my writing and slowly but surely have started to catch up on the different pieces I have written. There are a few things in the works and with the encouragement I have been getting who knows I just may find yet another path in my future. I do enjoy adding a bit of comedy to my writing and twisting phrases around to place a comical spin on certain things in my life. Hey if one can’t find something to laugh about (even in a small way) in any situation then what’s the point of even writing about it? Case in point…. It wasn’t to long ago that I was at work and had one of the most classical, comical yet embarrassing moments in a very long time.
I had a friend come to visit me during my shift and all was wonderful. We sat in the office and talked and laughed about all different things. It seemed like the time just flew by. I still had a bit of time before the final rental was finished with their rental so I went outside with my friend for a smoke break. It was still rather chilly out even though it was only 3pm in the afternoon and as smart as I am, I never grabbed my sweater. Well I’m not sure about anyone else, but it seems when I expose myself to coldness it seems my bladder complains and I have to go to the bathroom. I politely excused myself and went in to do what my body was screaming at me to do and just as I was starting this um…task, the office phone rang. I let it ring figuring the person would leave a message and continued on. A few seconds later the phone rang again so I figured I needed to answer it. I rushed the last part of this task and rushed to the office as the 4th ring was just about finished. I grabbed the phone just in time and breathlessly did the proper office phone voice. It happened to be my supervisor letting me know she was not able to come in the following day and gave me some instructions to carry out. My friend had come in just as I hung up the phone and as I turned around to write something on the wall calendar they broke out laughing. Apparently in my rush to finish my task I had left a long tall tale sign hanging from the back of my jeans. That certainly wasn’t one of my finer moments, but I could do nothing about it except laugh my damn ass off.



The person who knows how to laugh at himself will never cease to be amused.
-- Shirley MacLaine