Thursday, February 9, 2012

The cry of their hearts

Today I was still having a hard time wrapping my head around the tragic passing of a male acquaintance. Last night I talked to a very good friend of this man and he ended up in tears. I couldn’t help but give him a hug as his tears fell. He then pulled back and laughed it off like most men would do but he did say something that really got to me. He said the sadness hasn’t hit yet because the anger has taken hold. You see, this young man committed suicide. The man that was crying was very close to him and knew he was sick but never did he think this would happen. You could see the hurt and anger in his eyes even though he loves his friend so very much. I won’t get into the whole suicide topic since it’s a very deep topic, but one that has many avenues. It’s just so sad that this man left behind 3 children, a wife, a mother and father and many family and friends that now have to cope with this tragedy. My heart goes out to all of them.

No comments: