Friday, February 24, 2012

Life after..........

Well the first 2 days of being unemployed have felt absolutely wonderful. I no longer have to deal with the cattiness, backstabbing and fake and phoney attitudes of so called team players. It seems that being a “Team Player” in this place was only shown in front of the upper Management and Supervisor with the phoney friendly smiles. When they were no where in sight…watch out…. the bitchy…I’m better than you cat claws appeared. As I look back over the past 16 years I can smile about 15 years of that. The last year was pure hell. I can not recall even one day over the last year that I have felt the true happiness that used to echo through the building. When I thought my back was covered it wasn’t……I was left to fend for myself while others stood by and did nothing to lend support. I certainly wasn’t going to sniffle and whimper about how my emotional stress was doing things to me. I decided to do something on my own. As drastic as it was it was also the most freeing feeling that I have felt in over a year. I’m very well aware that I’m still being crapped on in a not so subtle way but in all honesty I could care less. It’s amazing how much support I have received from far and near since taking that final step. I just hope that when karma comes around to certain ones it doesn’t bite too hard.

Sooooooooo………… onward and upwards as they say.

Now, back to my regularly scheduled blogging……

Today between bouts of rain I was out on the deck talking with my neighbour. She had her 4 year old grandson out with her and the little boy was clearly upset about something. He swatted his grandmother on the behind and yelled that he was running away. He then stormed down the deck stairs and crawled into a small opening of lattice that covered the lower part of her deck. He then proceeded to call out to grandma that he ran away and not to call him until dinner time. We had a laugh, talked for a bit more and then we both went into our houses. She was followed closely by her grandson while he was telling her it was to cold to run away right now and maybe he’ll run away tomorrow instead! This brought back memories of a time that I decided to run away from home but for me I made it to the end of the street and sat on a log at the top of the ravine bank. It was Summer time so I was able to spend a few hours there, reading my favourite book “The Bobbsey Twins” before my hunger got the better of me. I was 11 years old and even though I thought my mom was mean for making me do chores, I decided that life on a log at the end of the street wasn’t so great after all.

5 comments:

Judy said...

What happened after 15 years to change things? And yea for you for having the courage to make a change! I hope life is wonderful for you :)

Unknown said...

After 15 years the old supervisor left and the sharks started to circle her chair. I'm not one to want that kind of responsibility but those who did made the work environment a living hell. It turned out that the sharks never got to sit in her chair, but instead decided that they were better than everyone else. It was catty back stabbing and know it all attitude that I could no longer tolerate...so I left :)

Ermie said...

Congratulations! I left my job a couple of months ago and, even though I'm still unemployed, I don't regret it one bit. Life's too short for all that. Here's to you! :-)

Anonymous said...

It's funny how these sharks think there is a LADDER to climb. lol Karma will come around and you will be left standing with your dignity and happiness. Hugs :)

Anonymous said...

very proud of you dm!!!!
you can only handle so much crap, i support you all the way! the way those people treated you was horrible...i hope karma catches up to these people soon. best of luck dm