Monday, July 23, 2012

Ya gotta love Family!

Well the day has come and gone and I’m no worse for the wear. The chuckles, giggles and snorts of laughter added up to my family get-together being a huge success. My Aunt who just turned 78 even braved the heat and came adding to the happiness that filled me. She even remarked that “since I found my balls and left my job that I look so much better and younger.” Of course the “younger” part wasn’t really true, but it put a bigger smile on my face. As the food, drinks and laughter flowed the day just seemed to fly by. Of course there was the usual group of family that sat off to the side and mumbled and gossiped about other people, but this year I was ready for that. I was in my element when I filled up the small plastic pool. I knew Bentley (my dog) was anxiously awaiting a nice cool swim. The pool wasn’t to far from the picnic table, well ok it was almost right beside it, and as soon as the water started to flow from the hose Bentley bounded off the deck and began to frolic and paw at the flowing water sending spurts of wetness towards the picnic table. Of course I had to chastise him and “try” to keep him calm but in all fairness it was hot and well he wanted to cool off so being a responsible pet owner I stood in the pool with him while he rolled around in the water having fun. Well…………….we all know what dogs do when they have wet fur and Bentley is no different. He happily exited the pool when he was cooled off to his liking he promptly shook his body starting from his head to his tail. He’s a golden retriever and definitely has a lot of fur. I’m not sure why, but the gossiping group had a few choice words for Bentley AND me which I in turn I just smiled and exclaimed “damn dog!” The small group was forced to move closer to the others making Bentley’s escapade worth while. All in all the day went really well and after the last guest left I was ready for bed!


It seems that lately I have been running into people from my old job. I ran into someone at the mall and we stopped and chatted for a bit. It seems that one of the Supervisors was fired. It really wasn’t a shock since once you are on someone’s s**t list there, the only door that opens is the exit door. I know this person has her problems for sure and she wasn’t the most mentally put together woman I have worked with, but I do hope all goes well for her. I know this woman gave most people a really hard time and made it almost impossible to work, but no one really knows what goes on inside a person to cause such behaviour. There isn’t one person I worked with, including myself that didn’t carry something bitter and hurtful in their heart. We all have hurts and secrets that we keep deep inside and no one should judge another until they have walked in their shoes. I learned a hard lesson and one that I came to terms with. I just hope the ones that are left judging her will tread lightly least they eat their own words.

There are still a few things that I want to accomplish by the end of summer and I’m really working on them. I hope everyone is having fun, keeping themselves cool and enjoying the summer season.



6 comments:

Jeremy Bates said...

Ah, the family get together. Coolness. Bentley should get an award for his shenanigans, don't you think?

I recently left Manila and headed home for Toronto to take care of some business and visit the family. We didn't have a big hoop te do or anything, but we did celebrate mom and dad's 40th wedding anniversary, which was nice.

I see you're also an A-Z survivor, If you're not doing anything, I am hosting a "Dog Days of Summer" 3-day blog fest if you're interested. It runs from Aug 10-12.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

And the award goes to......Bentley for his fine performance in relocating gossip mongers lol. How hard was it to refrain from grinning from ear to ear? I also agree with you, we should not judge people without walking in their shoes. Everyone has a story....god knows that I do.

JoJo said...

Awww Bentley!!! How cute!!! I love doggies!

Anonymous said...

I really have to search through your archive. Since I haven't been following your blog for long, I am not really sure why your quit your job, all I know is that it wasn't a pleasant place to be, but the specifics are a mystery to me.

EvalinaMaria said...

I wish my doggie would love water... I live right by the lake but she just goes there for a little drink, barely making her feet wet...

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Just popped over from Jeremy's blog for the Dog Days of Summer but I think I'm a wee bit early.