Wednesday, April 9, 2014

2014 A-Z Blogging Challenge……….8th of 26 Pet Peeves


My Pet Peeve for the Letter H
 
H is for Hummers

First let me be clear, I’m not talking about those huge assed vehicles that are more like a tank then anything. Why anyone would want to own one of those is beyond me, but that’s neither here nor there. I’m talking about those people who have to hum to every song they hear, even if it’s an imaginary song that no one but them can hear.
 
 

I work in an office where there is music playing quietly in the back ground from the time we open the doors until we end the day. Thank goodness it’s not that sleep inducing kind of music or I would be in trouble. I love music and even in my old job I’d be the only one in the office and I would turn on the radio in order to have music fill my day. I’ll be honest and say that I cannot sing if my life depended on it and the only time one will hear me sing is if there is a song I just love playing on the radio while I am stopped at a stop light. It’s at those times I will belt out the chorus not caring if I’m in the right key or not. I have a co-worker who will hum to every song she hears which is very nerve-racking. This co-worker is like me and even when they hum you can hear the off-key notes. I sat there staring at them one day when a rap song was playing and we all know that even if you can figure out what they are saying, it’s not a type of song that one can hum to. I’m not the only one that seems to find this shall we call it “musical entertainment” irritating. Another co-worker that sits closer to this person than I do politely left an anonymous note on the lunch room wall that read “you can't hum when you plug you nose! Try it and prove me wrong!!!!!" Although this didn’t stop the humming the amount of happy face stickers that surround this quote on our lunch room wall certainly adds a splash of colour in there J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn Marie,
Stopping by from the A to Z Challenge...interesting theme you got here. I'm not a fan of hummers either unless it sounds really good.
Wishing you all the best with the Challenge!
Regards, Mary

Helen Baggott said...

That was fun - until I tried to hum with my nose blocked...!

I agree - it's so annoying!